S1: Pilot

This is the Age for the Amateurs, but most people have come to use the term derisively instead of for its true meaning: which is someone who engages in a pursuit without payment. A man can be equally skilled in his hobby as a man who chose the same pursuit as a profession. Have we forgotten that the Olympics were created for amateurs?
Now, I do NOT profess to be expert at anything.
[Nope. That's a lie. There are some things. I'm sure I'll talk about them at some point in the future, when it is relevant. 
No, if there is anything I could compete in like an Olympian, it would be sleeping. I can sleep ANYWHERE, at any time of day, even with things happening around me, and I usually fall asleep just a minute after I close my eyes. Skillz.] 
I am certainly no expert writer. I passed all my English & composition classes with flying colors, but I have never wanted to pursue that kind of profession. Still, I find myself to be impressively more eloquent in prose than in oral expression, and I believe I have things worth saying.
It is up to you to decide if the things I say are worth hearing. Some may say that writers have power, but that isn't exactly true, is it? The author only as power so long as he has readers. Each reader has the power to decide if he is going to share what he read, and even believe what he read.
I may have lost you already.
Pity.
If I haven't lost you, then I thank you for sticking around, and I sincerely hope that you come back for more posts.
My main purpose in this blog is to put my thoughts into words, because as I write, I am essentially having a conversation with myself, and my ideas develop as I go.
I would be thrilled if you would join me in those discussions so we can develop our ideas together.
So share, like, or comment.
Thanks for reading :)                                                  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S1E03: Energies

S1E02: Defining Moments

S1E05: Love thy Neighbor